VMware Workstation comes with 12 significant improvements
Virtualize an operating system is very useful. Thanks to this we will be able, for example, try new operating systems without altering our hard drives, run applications in secure environments and even use other operating systems applications in our own. There are several tools to virtualizes operating systems, but the main ones are VMware (exclusive) and VirtualBox (free and open source).
12 significant improvements of VMware Workstation:
VMware is one of the most popular applications and operating systems used to virtualize. With it users can run Windows applications on Linux (and vice versa) or use a second operating system for testing with the assurance that everything is installed it will not affect in any way the base operating system, even if it is a virus.
VMware Workstation software is divided into 3 sections:
- VMware Workstation Pro , the most complete version, Pay-oriented professional environments.
- Workstation VMware Player , a very similar to its rival VirtualBox, free and targeted at home users without too much additional requirements much simpler version.
- Thirdly we find VMware Fusion , the specific version of Mac OS X, payment.
Every so often appear new operating systems, so that virtual machines must be updated to be compatible with them. Less than a month ago the final version of Windows 10 was launched, so the developers of VMware products have taken the opportunity to update your virtual machine software.
VMware makers have recently released version 12 of its virtualization products. Among the innovations that come with this new version the first that should be mentioned is the compatibility with Windows 10. The new VMware Workstation 12 can run smoothly on Windows 10 both native and allows installation (both manually and “easy”) of this OS. It also lets you easily migrate from one system to a virtualized host.
Other highlights that come with this new software are:
- 3 times more speed when opening and closing VMs encrypted.
- 3D graphics run 36% faster.
- It added support for DirectX 10 and OpenGL 3.3.
- Now virtual machines are compatible with 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) and QHD + (3200 × 1800).
- The Skype and Lync applications can now use echo cancellation.
- Managing IPv6 addresses is improved.
- Improved use of tabs.
As for VMware Fusion also it has added support for Windows 10, OS X “El Capitan” and supports voice commands and Cortana, much like we’ve seen in the past with Parallels Desktop.
We can download the new version 12 VMware Workstation from the following links:
How about the developments of new products VMware Workstation? What application you use to virtualize operating systems?