SBI Virtual Credit Card: How to Create SBI Virtual Card from Online SBI
SBI Virtual Card is the greatest added feature for SBI online users who are not using Credit cards. This is the great alternative for SBI customers who are not using or having credit cards. The major advantage of this Virtual credit card feature is it gives the better security measure that are making payments for their online purchases from online shopping sites.
This VC helps you keep all the credit card and bank details confidentially while you are making online purchases. A virtual credit card is not in plastic form but you can use this card for Indian websites which accept Visa Card without any problem.
Basically, the SBI VCard is a temporary tangible credit card. It’s having 24 to 48 hours span. This is the temporary credit card for online purchases.
To get this feature, first, you need to apply internet banking service in your SBI branch. After receiving the internet banking login credentials, login into the account and apply for a virtual credit card at free of cost.
How to create SBI Virtual Card:
If you are having SBI account with online banking, you can create within 5 minutes. To make a virtual credit card just follow the simple steps and easy to implement. To create SBI Virtual card for online payment here are the steps:
- First login to Online SBI banking account.
- Go to Personal banking > Login.
- Click on e-Card option on the right side.
- In the e-Card option click on Generate Virtual Card option then enter the Virtual Card Limit.
- Put the tick mark by accepting terms and conditions. Then click on Generate
Remember: the limitation of the card should be between Rs.100 to Rs.50000. This card cannot exceed the limitation more than Rs.50, 000.
You will be asked for a confirmation by SBI, so click on Generate button.
You will receive the One Time Password (OTP) to your registered mobile number from SBI net banking server. Just enter the OTP in the mentioned boxes. After few seconds your SBI Virtual Card is ready, get instant credit card number (a 16 digit visa card number), the name of the cardholder, CVV number and expiry date of the card. The SBI Virtual card would look like this.
After receiving the SBI VC, no need to store Virtual card details. If you want the details you can retrieve from the Virtual card details tab. In this tab, they give the information about the card status, whether it is used, canceled and unused.
Where to use this SBI Virtual Card:
- The Virtual card is very good for Online shopping, movie tickets booking and Railway ticket bookings.
- This is the temporary credit card for online purchases.
- This card validity is 24 to 48 hours or sometimes until the completion of the transaction.
- When you complete an online transaction, the payment will be debited from your bank accounts.
- The bank does not charge for the Virtual card creation and cancellation.
- You can generate number of Cards at a time.
- This currency card is in Rupees. You can use these cards in India, Bhutan and Nepal.
- This is the more secure system to pay money online.
- It has a disadvantage too. The coverage is limited as it can be used only in India, Nepal, and Bhutan. The validity of this card is too short period. It makes use of OTP.
A virtual credit card is very good option to make an online transaction for online shopping lovers. But for international shopping purpose, SBI Virtual card is so useful. So instead of this, you can choose other options like Entropay, ICICI virtual card and HDFC NetSafe cards. I wrote a detailed article on the Virtual Credit card and their providing Banks and Non-Banking sources. The SBI Virtual card is the good option for indian users to make online purchases from home securely.