How To Install Windows 8 On VMware Virtual Machine
Virtualization is the creation of a virtual version of something, such as an operating system, storage devices, and computer networks. The virtual software is real important to extend the second operating system without booting. You can run the second operating system in one window in the same OS.
Installation Procedure of Windows 8 on VMware Player:
1. First of all, download and install VMware Player on your PC from the given sources. (supports XP, Vista, Windows 7 and 8 as host machines).
2. Once installed, start VMware Player and click Create a New Virtual Machine option to launch New VirtualMachine Wizard.
3. Here, you have two options: install from a DVD or install from an ISO image file. Equally we deliver an ISO image of Windows 8, let’s select the second option Installer disc image file (ISO) option.
Select Installer disc image file option and use the browse button to browse to the Windows 8 ISO image file. You might get “Could not detect which operating system is in this disc image” message. Brush off the message and simply click Next button to go on.
4. In this step, select the operating system as Microsoft Windows and version as Windows 7. If you have an x64 version of Windows 8, please select Windows 7 x64 from the version dropdown menu.
Note: The current edition of VMware Player doesn’t officially support Windows 8. So, we are selecting Windows 7 as OS version.
Click Next button to proceed to the next step.
5. VMware allows you enter Windows product key, user name, and password so that you need not to inscribe this info while installing Windows 8. Enter product key and other inside information if you want to.
You can also skip this step without entering any details. Click Next button to continue.
6. Name your Windows 8 virtual machine and also select that location to save the virtual machine. Please pick out a location with enough free space (20 GB recommended).
7. Specify the disk space that you wan to allocate to the new virtual machine (20 GB recommended) and select Store virtual disk as a single file option. Click Next button to proceed to the last step.
8. Finally click Finish button to create the new virtual machine. It will automatically start the Windows 8 installation.
It might require you to download and install VMware Tools during installation.Merely click the Download and Install button, or Remind Me Later button to install it after installing Windows 8.
9. Follow the on screen procedure to complete Windows 8 installation.
Please share this tutorial with your friends if it is useful on Facebook, twitter, Google plus and other social networks and support this tutorial with social bookmarking also. Just use the below social icons and share it. Thank you
Installation completed & Enzoy