Are you searching for the best antivirus for Windows 8 on the web? Virus means Vital Information Resources Under Siege (according to computer abbreviation).
Antivirus software was originally developed to detect and remove computer viruses.
The proliferation of other kinds of malware, antivirus software started to provide protection from other computer threats.
The new version of the most widely used operating system among domestic users PC, Windows 8, has auspicious comments on the issue of security.
Experts say it is safer than their predecessors. However, it is not free from the threats that surround the network.
Therefore, if you have a PC installed with Windows 8, it is imperative that you keep him well protected with good antivirus software.
You can download free antivirus or acquire an advanced suite of payment. Here we reach a list of major antivirus programs compatible with Windows 8.
Best Antivirus for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
1. Microsoft Security Essentials (or) Windows Defender:
Microsoft Security Essentials is a free antivirus created by Microsoft. Distributed for some years and compatible with versions of Windows XP, Vista and 7.
At the time, the program was a big gamble by offering an integrated security solution to the most widespread operating system among home users and small businesses.
With the latest release of Windows 8, Microsoft Security Essentials dropped the baton to a Re-powered Windows Defender.
You no longer need to be installed separately, as it is integrated into the operating system to help in protecting against viruses, spyware, and other malware.
If Windows Defender detects suspicious software will use the database to determine whether Microsoft can damage the system.
In addition, it runs in the background, does not consume many resources and only notices it if required you to do a manual action. It is a good free alternative.
2. Avast! Free Antivirus
Avast! He added compatibility with Windows 8 in all editions of 32 and 64 bits.
If you need to download antivirus, Avast! Free antivirus is one of your best options, but if you want to enjoy protection, you can purchase Avast! Pro Antivirus and Avast! Internet Security.
Both versions are extra and added a set of advanced features that will shield your computer from attacks of all kinds.
3. Norton antivirus
Norton antivirus offers its products for free, on probation. Norton Antivirus with Antispyware, Norton Internet Security and Norton 360 are available for download and can be tested for 30 days. All products offer quick updates, with intervals of 5-15 minutes.
As for Windows 8, the protection provided by Norton is provided with absent features in Windows Defender. For example, cloud-based management, security for multiple browsers and monitoring of social networks.
4. AVG AntiVirus Free
AVG has earned a place among the users preferred. Its free availability, unlimited and permanent updates, makes it a competitor who has permeated the taste of home users and small businesses.
AVG Antivirus free 2020 is compatible with Windows 8 (except for the RT version, used by some tablets and similar devices).
5. USB-AV Antivirus
Virus protection for USB is the premise that has the developer of this antivirus. And that specializes in protecting against all threats via USB devices. It works by blocking ports and also prevents data theft by USB.
USB-AV Free supports all editions of Windows 8 and provides daily updates. The Malware database is regularly updated with the latest threats reported by users located around the world.
6. Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Free Antivirus does not yet have support for Windows 8, but on his website said they are working hard to include support in a future update.
Avira Free Antivirus 2020 is a reliable antivirus solution, that constantly and rapidly scans your computer for malicious programs such as viruses, Trojans, backdoors, hoaxes, worms, dialers, etc. Monitors, every action executed by the user or the operating system and reacts promptly when a malicious program is detected.
- Detects and removes more than 150,000 viruses
- It is always among the winners of comparison.
- Resident Virus Guard serves to monitor file movements automatically.
- Scanning and repair of macro viruses
- Protection against unknown macro viruses so far
- Protection against Trojans, worms, backdoors, false virus, and other malware
- AntiVir protection against viruses, worms, and Trojans
- Protection against expensive dialers AntiDialer
- AntiRootkit protection against hidden rootkits
- AntiPhishing protection against phishing
- AntiSpyware protection against spyware and adware
- NetbookSupport for laptops with low resolution
- QuickRemoval eliminates viruses at the push of a button
- Easy to use
- Internet-Update Wizard for easy updating
- Protection boot record viruses and master boot record
It will be convenient system security for users who want to be protected from malware in general, but do not want to spend hours configuring your antivirus.
7. Panda Cloud Antivirus Free
What result table of this product lies in the effort by developers to strengthen protection with anti-exploit technology that detects and neutralizes malware exploiting vulnerabilities Day-0 in legitimate applications, such as Java, MS Office or Adobe.
Panda Cloud Antivirus 2020 comes with a special module that protects Windows 8 applications in real-time. In addition, interface improvements and performance are obvious and make it a good choice to download antivirus.
8. ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall:
ZoneAlarm has an engine antivirus and anti-spyware, which removes viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms and all kinds of malware.
Provides advanced protection against shock, checking is risky and is compatible with Windows 8 in all versions (free and paid).
9. 360 Total Security
There are 450,000,000 trusted users worldwide. This is the best antivirus for windows 8 and an internet security solution for all types of PCs and laptops.
It protects in a smart way from all types of malicious infections like a virus, Trojans, malware, rootkits and many more.
The 360 Internet security provides excellent features like Triple Antivirus engines (360 Checksum based cloud engine, Machine learning QVM engine and Bitdefender local engine), Real-time protection, Secure Browsing, Privacy Protection, and many more secured features.
The 360 Internet security is working on Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP also.
10. Comodo Antivirus
Comodo Antivirus 8 is one of the best antiviruses for windows 8. It is also compatible with other operating systems such as Mac, Android, and Linux.
- The very good score in hands-on malware blocking test.
- Sandbox limits damage from unknown programs.
- Host Intrusion Prevention System. Behavioral blocking.
- Virtual desktop.
- Hardened browser with Do Not Track add-on.
- Extremely powerful experts-only administrator tools.
- The poor score in the malicious URL blocking test.
- Mixed scores from independent labs.
- The default auto-sandbox interfered with the installation of unknown programs.
- Identified two valid programs as malware.
Special Features in Latest Version:
- Comodo Antivirus Cleans Malware
- Defense+ Host Intrusion Protection
- Auto Sandbox Technology
- Complete Virus Protection
- Virus and Malware Removal
I have presented the list of top 10 antiviruses on the basis of their popularity, performance, and usage.
These are Top 10 best antivirus for Windows 8 in 2020 which helps to remove viruses, malware, spyware and protects from malicious attacks on computers.
If you are using any personal usage antivirus for windows 8, then share your views here in the comment section below.
- 14+ Best Webinar Software Platforms to start Live Streaming with your Audience
- Zoom Alternatives: Best Video Conferencing Platforms in 2020
- What are the latest Google Projects? (You should Know these 6 Secrets)
- Online Technology Courses – Opportunity to Learn and Earn From Home
Now that you have the tools to be protected, what do you expect to download a free antivirus?